Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day = Hell for Guys

Nothing strikes more fear into the hearts of guys than the anticipated response from his beloved in his Valentine's gift or lack thereof.  Guys would rather be shot at parachuting out of a helicopter into enemy territory tolerating the risk being captured and tortured as a POW than face the wrath of an angry girlfrieind who expected "more" on this so-called day for lovers.

Today while I was running routine errands, I noticed many men in line at the check out stand with balloons, roses, wine, and whatever else they could scrounge last minute at CVS to bring to their woman lest they be chastised for forgetting the most notorious day for lovers.  The look of desparation on the men's faces was pathetic.  See, the items were not purchased for the sake of love.  Rather, they were purchased so their wives/girlfriend/whatever would not be on their case and not kick them out to the sexless dog house.

Which brings me back to Valentine's Day from my youth.  I learned very early on never to expect anything.  Good thing.  It was excellent training for adult life.

Anyway,  I'm really glad that I'm past the age of expectations.  Valentine's Day is really a Hallmark Holiday for ametures who are trying to impress each other with elaborate showers of showy materialism masquarading as "love."

My idea of a perfect Valentine's Day dinner?  PIZZA and BEER!!!!!!  hoot hoot






No comments: