Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Photographer

I was at a high profile business function recently.  I loathe such functions as it's all about being seen with certain people.  The general assumption is that everybody is thrilled to be there rubbing elbows.  I am, of course, the exception. 

Everything was tolerable until the photographer came 'round (unsolicited) wanting to pose us for pictures.  There are several reasons why I don't like my picture taken.  I don't need to go into it here.  Additionally, I feel I don't need to explain to complete strangers as to why I don't want my picture taken and to please remove the lens from my face. 

The photographer was absolutely astounded that I declined to have my photograph taken.  He naturally assumed I was a camera/attention whore and that I would be thrilled.  Wrong.  The idiot did not take a gentle 'no thank you' for an answer.  The photographer's request then became sarcastic and surly and demanding that I pose.  I finally got sick of him prodding me and said, "It's against my religion to have my picture taken -- the image steals my soul."

He then proceeded to gather up the group for a picture sans myself.  After he was done he turned to me and said in a tone, "By the way, I've seen the wanted posters out for your arrest."


No comments: