Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving: Finally Managable

This year it will be mellow.  I'm so used to cooking for a crowd for Thanksgiving that I actually feel guilty for not being stressed out about having a clean house, groceries purchased, etc.  I am rid of the drunken in-laws this holiday.  I just can't handle Melting Snow Woman passed out at the kitchen table at noon from booze and pills feeling up nieces and nephew in the process.  I can't handle the mother of Melting Snow Woman enabling her and making excuses for child molestation. 

This year I finally said NO to the sickness.  I do have a rather legitimate out as my kid had oral surgery today and will not be able to partake in the meal.  Whatever.  It was the perfect excuse to gracefully bow out and let them all enjoy a drunken child molester ALL TO THEMSELVES. 

I will be cooking a dinner.  However, my guest of honor this year is an extremely nice young lady who was abandoned by her mother.  This teen is all on her own with no family to spend the holiday with.  She is gracious beyond belief that she is here and gets what she calls a "real" Thanksgiving dinner.  A couple other teens in a similar situation will also be here. 

That, IMHO, is what it's all about.....
Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments: