Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Airport Security: Back Scatter X-Ray

Maybe it's just me, but traveling by air these days has me feeling more than a little creeped out.  Not only do I have my personal belongings pawed through looking for excess hairspray and hand sanitizer, but now I'm being asked to appear naked to the TSA by use of their 'back scatter' x-ray machines that also, by the way, emit radiation. 

Ah.... no thanks.  

I always opt out of the radiation-humiliation-back-scatter x-ray injection for a pat down, which is just about as condescending.  Sorry, but I don't like to be felt up by 4'5" Phillipinos. 

Does it not strike anybody as odd that the EU banned the use of back scatter x-ray technology?  I guess the EU does not have the spouse of a congressman with millions of investment dollars at risk implementing the technology across the nation.  



No comments: