Thursday, February 2, 2012

East Bay Whiners

About a year ago I was released from the financial day-to-day operations of my "East Bay Whiners."  Why?  Because I was honest and did not tell them what they wanted to hear -- they could not afford their lavish business operations long term.  They were going to go broke.  I refused to play financial games to puff their financial statements, either.  That's when I got the axe.  The auditor also agreed with me, and lo and behold he was also let go.  They found people who would tell them what they wanted to hear and partake in their financial delusion that everything was fine if they manipulated the numbers just so.

So, I resigned without fanfare and handed everything over to the new, better, smarter team that could perform the miracle of pulling money out of their asses to make payroll. 


A year passes....  I see the director of Club East Bay Whiner and he begins to wave an audited financial statement in my face declaring on how financially sound they were, bought new cars for the staff, and hired new personnel in the valley.  Great.  Glad to hear it. 


However, my business counterpart and I have decided to go a different direction and terminate our contract with Club East Bay Whiner.  No big deal, right?  They don't need us and our lousy little contributions, right?  We're more trouble than what we're worth, right? 


My cell phone started ringing off the hook.  Director of Club East Bay Whiner was begging and pleading for us to continue our contributions as if we didn't we would financially SINK them.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????  I thought how financially sound they were two days prior when Director was waving financials in my face (which I refused to take and/or read as I resigned from that function). 


If the lack of our little contributions will sink Club East Bay Whiner, I guess they weren't all that financially sound to begin with -- as I tried telling them over and over and over again.  Where's THAT information in their team of new financial wizards? 


Bottom line:  They are all ex state employees.  State employees have no clue how to manage money and thinks that it grows on trees.  They stare at you bewildered when you say you don't have any more to give. 


Buh-bye..... 

No comments: