Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You Suck, but Can I Copy Your Work?

OK... being fired for being honest is quite interesting. Mind you, I was never really given a solid reason for the cancellation of the administration contract other than condescending comments as to "how I could really keep the books like that." The news was just quietly delivered during a meeting when the Head Snake slithered up next to me at a meeting in progress and made the announcement. I equate it to being dumped by a guy who's too chicken to do it in private and brakes up with you in a crowded restaraunt to avoid an unpleasant scene. Gutless.

So now the mad scramble is on to make the administrative transition. I had an accounting team visit me in my office today to have a look at what I had. The records are in order. The files are neat and orderly. After reviewing everything I had and the way I had it set up they wanted me to fork over everything on a flash drive so they did not have to take the time to set things up and just copy the files over to their computer.

My question at that point was...... Well, if I suck so much and did such a shitty job, why do you want to copy my work?

1 comment: