Monday, May 2, 2011

Fired for Being Honest

No, I did not drink the kool-aid and partake in a group delusional fantasy. I was fired for it. It just goes to show you how powerful group-think is when it defies all logic.

See, I took care of the financials for an outfit based in the east bay. I don't claim to be a financial whiz. However, I know that when the bills come they get paid. When the checks come in they get cashed -- and leave a neat and orderly trail. The fundemental of all financial soundess is that the money coming in has to be more than the money going out. It's not rocket science, people.

I don't care how much you claim to have in 'receivables.' You can't make payroll on people promising to pay you what they owe. That's what I tried to explain, and I guess my dust bowl simple, farm economics did not impress these sophisticated know-it-alls with suits and shiney shoes.

So, I get a letter stating that my financial services are no longer needed. Fine. That's their perogitive to terminate the contract and they did just that -- including an effective date. They gave me the 30 days notice just as the contract states.

Now that they're figuring out just how much work is involved they're asking me to hang around. Really? Why would I hang around when they basically told me that the job I was doing sucked and they could do better.

My secretary and I know in our hearts that we did not misappropriate any funds. I want an independent audit prior to turning everything over. There is nothing to hide. I simply refused to cook up an inflated budget for them. I did not tell them what they wanted to hear. WE'RE GOING BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Effective date: June 1, 2011. Come and get it. I'm done.

Note: The director of this entity is an ex state employee with a staff of ex state employees. I've never seen a group of lazier, greedier, sleazier people in my life. No wonder California is in so much trouble.

1 comment:

nosinbin4me said...

Now is the time for them to "Pound Sand" !!