Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Job Losses

For the most part, I don't believe any statistical data that is thrown at me by the media. I used to give the media some credit, but not anymore. They are whores to political and monetary agendas. Being politics and money go hand-in-hand, it seems a perfect match.

Anyway..... I have the financial pulse on several companies throughout the Bay Area. I also have the financial pulse on several government agencies in Northern California.

Let me tell ya, it ain't pretty, folks. Each and every single entity I deal with is bleeding cash like there is no tomorrow. People are getting their salaries slashed or laid off completely. Even with layoffs, many of the entities I deal with will simply be out of money within the next 12-24 months.

At this point it's crisis management. Nobody has any money. Economic stimulus? Please. The only thing that is getting stimulated is your rear-end as the politicians have you bent over a barrel and give it to you yet again (without a kiss, I might add).

There are so many pirrahanas in the stimulus water that there is not one person who can tell you straight up how and when this so-called savior of our economy is going to help anybody except the upper levels of government bureaucrats and special interests who are at this very minute conspiring how to keep the money for themselves. There is no such thing as "trickle down" unless it's shit, and we all know that rolls downhill.

Now the press is declaring an economic recovery. Really? How does the press have access to intimate financial details of several industries? They're just reporting what is being fed to them by their johns. This leads me to job losses. In one industry I deal with, unemployment is at about 40% and getting worse by the day. The trend is not better for the other industries, I fear...

It's ugly out there, folks. Many people who have lost their jobs have timed out on their unemployment and have rolled of the statistics, therefore creating a false "recovery" in unemployment. They have not gotten new jobs. If they are lucky enough to find additional work, it is at much less than what they were making before.

Back in 1992 I wrote an essay for my Economics 1-A class at SRJC. It was regarding the future of America's economy. I closed it with, "If we are going to have a world economy, the United States will have an economy like the rest of the world."

Welcome to becoming a toilet nation, everybody... we will be no different than Mexico, China, India, or any other shithole country.

No comments: