Monday, June 22, 2009

High Maintenance at Longs Drug Store

Watch out. They are EVERYWHERE. I bet one is always in line ahead of you at the supermarket checkout as well.

I'm talking about high maintenance people.

Yesterday when I was at Long's Drug Store there was one in line ahead of me. She had all of her items transacted and the money exchanged. After the transaction, she took a long, slow look at the receipt without stepping away from the checkout lane. In taking her own sweet time, she then decided to argue the price of each and every item the cashier rung her up for as the cashier was 1/2 way through ringing up my purchases. The cashier was simply trying to keep the line moving.

Could this cow wait until MY purchases were rung up and paid for before she jumped in to argue about something? Hell no.

She interrupted the cashier during my transaction to begin the argument. The cashier reluctantly abandoned me to attend to her. I was then subject to how she thought items were misplaced and mis-marked and how she thought she was getting ripped off. She then demanded that an employee walk her to the items she thought were on sale.

Whatever. Just ring up my shit and get me the hell out of here. I don't want to be subject to an adult woman's temper tantrum. The woman was wrong, but she was just trying to make a scene to get something for nothing.

The pain-in-the-ass woman was then upset that a team of employees did not rush to her side to help her. I don't blame them. She voiced out loud, "How come nobody is helping me yet? I see people walking around, but none of them have come forward for me?"

The employees were probably unloading their guns because if they got within range of this obnoxious woman they would have shot her in the face point-blank. Should the Longs employees be found guilty? No. Was it self defense? Yes. Eliminating that cow's gene pool out humanity forever? Priceless.

No comments: