Monday, May 18, 2009

Stainless Steel Kitchens

Would somebody put an end to this ridiculous fad already? I think I'm the only person on earth who detests the stainless steel "look" in the kitchen and has NOT purchased any such appliances or countertops. There are lots of reasons I don't care for the look. For starters, I don't want my kitchen resembling the examination table at my vetrinarian's place where I need to hold down Fluffy/Fido while the vet injects shots into his neck.

One of the other reasons I don't like stainless steel kitchens is because it also reminds me of my doctor's office where I'm required to place my legs in stainless steel stirrups and expose parts of my body that are exclusively reserved for purposes other than getting portions of my cervix painfully picked off for a lab slide.

And.... as if I need *another* reason to hate stainless steel kitchens.... it is that unless you're an OCD clean freak, stainless steel will be full of smudges and fingerprints -- no matter how many times you threaten the kids and/or spouse with chopping off their grubby little hands. Sorry, we actually *live* in our house and the kitchen is not a museum modeled after a WWII medical torture chamber. I have better things to do rather than to be constantly wiping down kitchen surfaces.

1 comment:

CG said...

Sometimes we think so alike it's uncanny!! There is a kitchen display shop near where I work. It has one of those SS kitchens right in the window. Every time I look at it and see the way the SS worksurface drains into the SS sink I see"autopsy table" in CSI with a dead body on it - ugh!!!
I have a SS bin and boy, do I regret that purchase!!