Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Facebook

I can't decide if I love it or hate it. On the upside, I'm able to connect with tons of people at once. On the downside, I'm able to connect with tons of people at once.

I get overwhelmed with some of the little, silly "requests" Facebook allows your friends to annoy you with. If you want to communicate with me, write me a damn e-mail! I belong to Facebook because there are truly some people I want to communicate with from my past life in Minnesota along with some great friends I've made here in California, plus a couple of European friends.

The danger of Facebook is that your past comes to haunt you....

I've had "friend requests" from people I thought I'd never hear from again. I'm delighted to hear from the vast majority of them, but there are some I'm not.

Damn. They found me.

Their "friend" intro phrase is filled with self-congratulatory blatherings on their perfect family, spouse, etc. It's the Christmas brag letter that is now year round and is without seasonal boundaries. GAG ME!!!!

1 comment:

CG said...

I have very mised feelings about Facebook too. I ignore most of the requests; eventually people stop sending them. By the way, i miss you.