Monday, February 9, 2009

Freaking Myself Out

I have always been a vivid dreamer ever since I can remember. Most mornings I feel as though I have hardly slept at all as my brain stays active with dreams that dominate my sleep. The problem is that not only do I dream, but many of my dreams are premonitions. I actually went to the doctor begging for something to make me NOT dream. The reply was that it was just the way my brain was wired.

Thank God I'm anonymous on this bitchy blog except to the very few in my close circle, as I would probably be thrown into the psyche ward at some looney bin on lock down with a thorzine drip.

Here's an example of the shit that I dream about.....

Last night I dreamed I was introducing one of my co-workers to all of my deceased relatives. I recall explicitly saying, "...and this is my mother's mother, and this is my Uncle Jim, and Aunt Emmy....."

Fast forward to a mundane Monday morning. I'm at the office with the IT guys getting my new computers installed (which were NOT purchased at Staples in true spirit with my Staples SUCKS entry) and drinking my non-fat, grande latte with an added shot. My cell phone rings. I answer it. On the other end is a crackly voice that says, "...I just wanted to let you know that Dad passed away last night."

For the record, "Dad" was my co-worker.

I just about fell out of my chair... Was I part of his transition into death by introducing him to the others? Am I just crazy? Why would I dream this stuff?

2 comments:

CG said...

Oh that IS spooky! Do you remember your ghost cat dream at Tahoe?

Anonymous said...

You are NOT crazy ~ and you know "why" ..................