Sunday, December 16, 2007

Solicitors -- Leave Me Alone

I'm not forcing this blog on anybody. If you're reading this, it's solely at your time and at your own choosing. What I'm irritated about is the constant, unsolicited bombardment of:

  1. People showing up on my door pushing a religion;
  2. People showing up at my door pushing a ballot initiative or political candidate;
  3. People who don't know the difference between "friendship" and "customers" by constantly using their home living rooms as sales floors selling useless, overpriced crap I don't need;
  4. Salespeople barging into my office ignoring the "no solicitors" sign that is clearly displayed on the door, and then have the nerve to get huffy and indignant with me when I tell them I'm in the middle of something and that I'm not interested and send them on their way;
  5. People who think that others are responsible for funding their lifestyles;
  6. Telemarketers;
  7. The constant filling of my mailbox with requests for monetary donations;
  8. The constant filling of my mailbox with credit card offers.
I value my time at home with my family, and I do not like to be interrupted unless it's somebody I personally know and am expecting. When I'm in the office, I'm WORKING and do not wish to be disturbed by aggressive, annoying salespeople. Even clearly posted "no soliciting" signs both at home and at the office do not deter these people. Tell me -- WHY would I choose to do business or associate with people who do not respect me enough to appreciate the fact that I like to be left alone? Grrrrrrrr....

1 comment:

CG said...

Oh, I agree. Am being harrassed by telemarketers A LOT right now. Even when I tell them no they keep asking...I know it's a crappy job but i wish they'd take no for an answer!