Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Cooking Channel -- Mom Style

I like to cook. I also enjoy (for the most part) the Food Network. However, I think it's time they produce a show that stars something other than a young-looking, chirpy anorexic with a chemically-whitened-toothy-smile and a boob job telling me how easy everything is to prepare in 30 minutes or less. Bullshit. The minute they bring out the food processor or an ingredient I can't pronounce, I'm gone. I live in the real world.

I think they should produce a show that features the following real-life scenarios. It would go something like this:

Mom comes home from work/school with kids clamoring, "What's for dinner mummy, I'm hunnnngry."

Mom is clueless as to what to pull together in five minutes or less. As mom is rummaging through the cupboards, the telephone rings. It's the soccer coach. Damn. One of the kids has soccer practice in 1/2 an hour and its mom's turn to drive the carpool. How can mom pull off dinner in such a short time span and fulfill her carpool duty?

I would like to see an entire show featuring easy kid menus that the kids will actually eat. Phooey on the over-repetative gourmet stuff on the Food Network. Granted, there would have to be some creativity for peanut butter and jelly, but bring it on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girlfriend ~ you are DEFINATELY on a roll here; keep on - bringing it on ... truth to stupidity with a little spice works for me! You're inspiring me to maybe re-ignite my own blog that went dark due to apathy and procrastination many moons ago. I remember a sense of relief just in venting; plus? If this stuff stays inside, one of these days there's going to be a very nasty spontaneous combustion incident that will probably scare the daylights out of family and friends :-)

Love ya!

CG said...

I would be watching that cooking show for sure!!
Flywriter; get your blog reignited!!!Venting is good for the soul :)