Sunday, August 25, 2024

Welfare Queen

 Riddle me this.  My niece, who is not married to her baby daddy, does not work.  She has toddler and is expecting another one in November.  She was "shocked" to learn she was pregnant again.

She whines and cries about how tight money is.  However, they jet off to San Diego to visit baby daddy's mom.  Baby Daddy flew down to San Diego yesterday for a football draft (totally unnecessary expense).

My niece, KAB, was explaining today to us that her toddler needs and receives all these special services because of some trauma he experienced in utero that are FREE for her.  I had to bite my tongue.  Nothing is free.  I'm paying for it through taxes.  

KAB and Baby Daddy are staunch Trump supporters.  They ran away from Texas because the social safety net is not what it is in liberal California.  

The hypocrisy is not lost on me.  Accepting FREE social services is OK if it's for your own kid.  Anybody else who utilizes services for their kid it is a drain on the system and should be sent packing.  


No comments: