Wednesday, April 19, 2023

SSP's Son-In-Law

 What a strange turn of events this week.  My brother's best friend was killed in the line of duty on Saturday.  One of my besties (and soul sister), SSP, texted me to let me know that her son-in-law watched over Josh Owen's body while it was at the coroner's office.  My brother was so thankful that is was SSP's son-in-law was the one who watched over him.  

I get chills as I'm typing this.  

In show of support for the fallen officer, there was a procession of at least 100 emergency vehicles.  Again, I don't think the general public understands what a law enforcement families go through.  Every single day there is the possibility of ........... what if I don't make it home after my shift?  And don't you think for one minute that the spouse and kids don't feel that same anguish.  Talk about constant stress.  

Hats off to all those who work in law enforcement.  It's a thankless job that society undervalues.  For what it's worth, I value their hard work and dedication. 



No comments: