Sunday, April 16, 2023

Officer Down In Minnesota, Suspect In Custody Saturday Evening

 Yes.  A couple months ago I got kicked off a jury for speaking my mind to the judge and to the defendant's counsel.  The topic was if I knew anybody in law enforcement.  I said I was pro-law enforcement and while there are some bad apples, as in any profession, they are the only semblance between civility and chaos.  

My brother-in-law is retiring after 30 years in the California Highway Patrol next Friday.  He can't wait.  He says things have changed so much during his tenure.  There is absolutely no respect.  The judicial system is a joke.  Officers are questioned and scrutinized more than the defendants.  Officers put their lives on the line to keep the public safe, and the judicial system just lets them go with a slap on the wrist.

Then people wonder why crime is rising in their neighborhoods.  

I just received a call from my mom.  Last night my brother's best friend was killed in the line of duty.  My brother is with the Pope County Sheriff's Department in the dispatch center and has been for 30 years.  The call was a domestic dispute.  Three officers, one police officer and two sheriffs, went to the scene.  This is my brother's voice on the radio traffic.  He kept his composure knowing that his best friend was just fatally shot.  

All those who want to "defund the police" should be required to be a police officer for a stint.  It's easy to condemn what you don't understand.  With that being stated, all officers should get beat up by a cop for doing absolutely nothing wrong.  I'm willing to be objective and look at both sides, are you?  

On another side rant, I blogged the other day where the most dangerous place for a woman to be is at home.  Again, another domestic violence statistic this time with and an officer shot and killed.  Where's the outrage against domestic violence?   

Sorry, brother, you had to go through this. 

No comments: