Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Mental Decompression

 I have been exhaling HUGE sighs of relief since yesterday morning.  My binding arbitration issue for Washington D.C. has been heard.  I was literally peeing my pants the entire time speaking in front of this panel of old, white men staring at me from behind their bench while I stated my case.  It was intimidating as all H-E-double hockey sticks. 

The feedback I got from my colleagues after the hearing was that I did really well.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I prepared as best as I could and tried to anticipate what mud would be slung at me.  One bit of mud that was slung at me that I had NO idea was coming, simply because it's a total and complete lie, was that I was colluding with the City of San Rafael on public contract jobs.  In a weird way I was flattered that they thought I was capable of actually having that kind of influence.  LOL.

Whew.  It's over now.  All I have to do at this point is wait for the decision.  I gave it my best.  The rest is up to the universe.  

Another thing that happened was that I was invited to consider a job in labor relations for headquarters based on my presentation.  I guess my nerves and pee stains were not showing where they could see them.  The downer part would be that I would have to leave Sonoma County for Washington, D.C.  

That would mean selling the house.  That would mean SHOVELING SNOW IN WINTER.  That would mean moving across the country.  Scary.  On the plus side, they actually have water in D.C.  California will be running out very soon.   




No comments: