Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Red Bone - Come and Get Your Love

 This song will forever remind me of my cousin, Linda.  Yes, I'm dating myself as this was when the song first came out.  I remember her driving us to Morton Mud Hole in the Ford station wagon packed with the 10 of us kids after working the field and farm all day to bathe before going home.  

When this song came on she would yell out the lyrics and encourage us all to sing along with her animated hand and arm gestures (while driving) with all of us kids hanging out the back and side windows (no seat belts).  Cousin Linda was all of 17-18 years old and in charge of a gaggle of kids.  She was the Momma Cousin.

What I would not give to go back in time for just one day.  Rural North Dakota east of the Big Muddy had fun times on the prairie.  





No comments: