Monday, January 10, 2022

COVID is RAMPANT

 I don't know about you all, but I'm getting texts daily from my friends stating that they have tested positive for that nasty COVID virus.  It's running through all their households.  On the plus side, my friends have been vaccinated and their symptoms are cold-like.  A couple of my friends have been set back a bit like having a  SUPER nasty cold.  So far nobody has landed in the hospital because of it.  

My daughter had a sore throat and the sniffles last week.  My son had a headache that lasted for a couple of days and was really tired.  Was it COVID?  Who knows as actually getting a test is like a Big Foot sighting.  No such thing.

Well, we here in our household myself, my husband, and my kids and their significant others have all been vaccinated and boosted.  We have been avoiding restaurants and any indoor gatherings.  We wear our masks and wipe down the grocery cart when shopping.  So far so good.  Who knows, maybe we have had it and were asymptomatic.  We have dodged the bullet thus far.  How long until we run out of luck? 

COVID is like this ticking time bomb.  Sooner or later we are all going to get it.  It's just a matter of when and the level of severity.  Even once infected, a person can get it again......like the cold and the flu.  Over and over....mutation after mutation. 

How do we adapt without burning out medical staff?  I feel sorry for the medical personnel who attend COVID patients.  

Here's my dilemma.  I really want to be in Minnesota right now despite -40* temperatures to be there with mom now that dad has died.  My 80 year old mother is not vaccinated.  My 61 year old sister, who is a lifetime smoker, has not been vaccinated.  Neither of my brothers have been vaccinated.  What if I accidentally bring COVID to them?   

 


No comments: