Sunday, October 6, 2019

Mother of the Bride

After a merry-go-round of beaus, my daughter thinks she has finally found "the one."  I'm glad she's been out in the dating world and has dated all types of guys - she knows what she wants in a man.  Sure, she's had her heart stomped on (haven't we all) and she's broken her fair share of hearts as well.  Her lowest point when dating was when I drove her from San Francisco to Oregon so she could try a last-ditch effort on a Polynesian guy who treated her like crap.  I knew she was emotional and did not want her driving that long of a distance to give him back his stuff.  There were tears all the way up and back.  I was secretly cheering the end of the relationship.  I knew she would figure it out eventually. 

Now, after graduating from college, going overseas, dating guys from the east coast, south, Australia, wherever, who is she choosing?  A guy who went to her high school right here in Sonoma County.  They did not date in high school, but hung out in groups when they were both dating other people.  They even went to the same elementary and junior high school.  Awwwwwwwww isn't that CUTE? 

I guess you have to travel the world to appreciate home and the homies.  Sometimes it's hard to beat what's in your own backyard. 

No comments: