Saturday, November 24, 2018

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Was my Thanksgiving relaxing?  Hell NO.  The whole thing was like a tv sitcom.  It was a cross between All in the Family, Christmas Vacation, and Shameless.  I don't even know where to begin with my mother spazaing out about everything having breakdown after breakdown over stuff that can be dealt with. It will take several entries to fully document the dramedy. 

We will start with my sister and her granddaughter.  My sister is no dummy.  The ice on the lakes in the Minneapolis area are frozen over for the most part, but ice fishing on them is premature at this point.  The highs were in the 20's, and the lows were single digits.  You know full well that the water below the sheet of ice (just how thick is it???) is cold. 

My sister takes her 4-year-old granddaughter on a walk to a park where there's a frozen over lake.  There's another family there with small children.  The children, curious about the frozen lake, make their way to the shoreline and begin to tread on the ice.  My grandniece sees the other kids and makes their way to the shoreline.  My sister stopped her granddaughter before she could get to the iced over lake and said, "Sweetie, don't go on the ice.  It may or may not be thick enough to support weight and if you fell through that would be bad."

She said it loudly enough for the other family to hear as being the kids on the ice were not hers she did not feel that it was her place to speak directly to them.  The parents of the other kids said, "These are southern children from Alabama - they have never seen an iced over lake before."

To which my sister said, "Dumb is dumb...no matter which state you're from." 

It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?  Did I mention my sister is a smart ass and has no patience for idiots? 

DARWIN AWARD

No comments: