Thursday, September 6, 2018

Fantasy Football Draft

Once a year my husband hosts his fantasy football draft.  Why?  I don't know.  None of the other guys are allowed to host it.  Their wives throw a hissy fit.  One wife made the guys actually piss in a bucket outside because she did not want anybody using her bathroom.  Gross.  It's no big deal for me to host and set up seating for them and make a big batch of something for them to eat.  I'm used to crowds at my house.  ....I don't make anybody piss outside in a bucket, either.

Each year pretty much the same guys show up.  Most of them are guys who grew up in Marin County and they all know each other from way back, and are related to others in the group.  It's weird because some of them were teachers and principals when my kids were going through school.  Yes, they are sometimes in their underwear when it's blasted hot and farting in my chair.  I would never dream of taking a picture and posting to social media as they are entitled to their off-time with their guard down.  I respect that. 

Anyway, I don't mind the guys here and to be perfectly honest they are the cleanest, easiest group I host all year.  They go above and beyond picking up after themselves.  Yes, they are loud and alcohol is involved.  Lots of alcohol.  I feel comfortable sharing a piece of paper left behind from the draft that show the effect alcohol has on ones writing.  I can't read the bottom, can you? 

I get such a kick out of them.  They always make me laugh until my stomach hurts.  I feel honored that they don't feel the need to censor themselves on my account. 

No comments: