Sunday, July 29, 2018

Fire Follows Me

I think there was a movie back in the 80's called Fire Starter or something.  I believed it starred Drew Barrymore when she was still a little girl shortly after her acting debut in E.T.  I never saw the film as at that point in my life I was too busy with parties and boyfriends and danceline.  Only boring, lame people with no social life went to the movies.

Ahhhh....ignorant youth.  Yeah, I'll own it.  

As of late I do have these uncanny instances where fires seem to follow me.  The other possible explanation is that fires are happening with more and more intensity and frequency and I have absolutely nothing to do with it.  

Last year's blaze in Sonoma County hit home.  Since then, traveling to Reno has been met with a blazing mountain fire I watched from the hotel window as it crept down wondering if it was going to get extinguished in time.

Go to Colorado.  Same thing.  I open the hotel French doors to be met with smoke and a blazing mountain side.

I come home.  Same thing.  More fires in Northern California. I forgot to add erupting volcanoes in Hawaii.

I'm starting to get a complex, people. 




No comments: