Friday, September 1, 2017

Hot Enough For Ya???

Foamy is an angry little squirrel that reminds me of my paternal grandfather.  Acidic.  To the point.  No nonsense.  I remember when he was getting older his hearing was not what it used to be.  He would often ask people to repeat what they had just said.  Most of the time the speaker would just say, "Oh, nothing.  Forget about it."

That drove my grandfather nuts.  He got to the point where when the speaker would not repeat what they had said with the, "Oh, nothing.  Forget about it," he would bellow....and he did bellow....."IF YOU WON'T REPEAT WHAT YOU SAID AS YOU THOUGHT IT UNIMPORTANT, WHY DID YOU EVEN OPEN UP YOUR MOUTH TO SAY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?  I'M DEAF BECAUSE OF ALL THE USELESS NOISE I'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO OVER THE YEARS.  I DON'T NEED ANY MORE USELESS NOISE.  EITHER REPEAT WHAT YOU SAID OR STOP TALKING. 

Well, there you have it then. 

On a related note, we are experiencing record-breaking heat here in Sonoma County.  I'm channeling my late paternal grandfather as his angry humor lives on through Foamy the Squirrel.  This video is EXACTLY what he would say.  Enjoy.

No comments: