Sunday, November 22, 2015

World Peace: Live It

I did it.  I reached out to somebody who TOTALLY pissed me off and invited that person for Thanksgiving dinner.  I blogged a while ago that that we expect world peace from our governments but most of us feud about who is or is not going to be at Thanksgiving dinner.  The person I invited declined my invitation, but I know in my heart that I tried to make peace.  That's all I can do.  I don't get to decide who forgives me and who doesn't.  All I can do is extend the olive branch. 

I tried.

World Peace.  Live it, people.  World peace begins at the Thanksgiving dinner table.  The ones who bitch and complain the loudest about certain family members usually have the 'world peace' and 'co-exist' bumper stickers on the back of their Prius along with Bernie for President. 

Whatever. 

Speaking of peace and world events that are headlining news and before we get all high and mighty about Christianity tell me......what was the Spanish Inquisition all about?  Hmmmmmmmmm??????  Lest we forget? 

See, every religion and society has a violent past at some point.  Everybody has been the asshole.  I'm not giving Daesh Bags a pass, I'm just saying that no society is completely 'clean' in this attempt to paint a black-and-white assumption around religion.  Usually it's the ones who are threatened that are the ones lashing out trying to demonstrate domination.  Right now it's Daesh. 

...and some people are just inherently psycho, violent murders....

No comments: