Monday, January 5, 2015

My Pleasure

I stay at a lot of high-end hotels and resorts because of my job.  There is something in 'hotel-speak' that really bugs me.  Maybe it's because men were generally the first set of business travelers and it's a lame attempt at eroticism, but the hotel employee response phrase of "my pleasure" really creeps me out when stating simple, routine requests.  What, pray tell, are the employees doing fulfilling my room service order that is so "pleasurable" for them.  Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!  I don't want to know! 

It doesn't stop there.  When calling for housekeeping, room service, the concierge, or the front desk from the phone in my room, the voice prompts always seductively instructs me to "touch 8 for  housekeeping, and touch 9 to reach the bell desk."

Really????  If that is phone sex people are sicker than I thought.  I don't want anybody to even attempt to try to turn me on while on a work trip -- especially strange hotel employees.  I don't want to "touch" anything, and I don't want some hotel employee having too much "pleasure" around my food before it's brought to me.  To have hotel employees try to sexualize my stay just resonates connotations of a house of ill repute. 

No comments: