Friday, October 12, 2012

The Trip

I work in an office where the employees know everybody in the community.  Gossip runs rampant in Marin and Sonoma Counties.  People dig for gossip.  When they can't find it, they often take a scenario and invent their own drama. 

Anyway..... an office mate of mine took off for an extended trip to Europe recently.  I can't tell you how many times I've been cornered asking WHY she took the trip, WHOM she was with, and the STATE of her marriage??????  Like I know??????  Even if I did, why would I share such intimate details of somebody's life for gossip mongers?

IT'S NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't we talk about the latest victories of a local sports team?  A traffic citation that irked you?  Or, how about an in-law that TOTALLY crossed a boundary?

Don't dig for intimate gossip from me.  Even if I had the dirt, I won't dish it.   I respect people's privacy too much to satisfy your pathetic need to dig for crap in others' personal lives. 




No comments: