Friday, February 4, 2011

Desperation

While the media is still trying to fill our heads with "the economy is REALLY starting to get better" and "unemployment not as bad as it could be" I am faced with harsh, real world, uneditied, statistics from reality pointing in the opposite direction of our Polly Anna Propaganda Press.

I'm sure if the truth be told it would cause another bank run similar to the 1930's. Again, we would get a repeat of "It's a Wonderful Life" and the Hollywood lies would continue to fool and manipulate the American people.

There is getting to be a sense of desperation out there. Seemingly sturdy, solid families are now panicking about how to make ends meet. They won't show up on any statistic because they are still technically employed (although hours drastically cut) and they are somehow still managing to make their house payment on time (at least for now).

These people are in their 40's and 50's and 60's. They are speaking of taking part-time jobs of delivering pizzas, waitressing, etc., to keep up their current standard of living. Think about it. Who is the WalMart greeter in YOUR town?

I guess my point is that the so-called backbone of America (the middle class) is coming apart at the seems. In a few short years we will have the ultra-rich and the slave class. Remind me again just how far we have come in the last 2,000 years?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW...I'm living it. I'm working with college graduates with their Bachelors Degree making 8 bucks an hr to survive. 4 years ago I was making double per hour to what I am earning currently. How do we make it turn around?? I don't know and don't even have the time to "work on changing America" because I'm too busy working to survive.