Sunday, July 11, 2010

Paul McCartney in San Francisco


Wow... I waited a long, long time to see Paul in concert again. The last time I saw him was in 1989 in at Berkeley.

Paul's broad base of fans creates the most interesting energy at live performances. There were all types of people present. Many people were sporting apparel from previous McCartney concerts. Beatles paraphenalia was everywhere.

I guess now that Paul is rounding the curve to age 70, that would officially put him in senior citizen status. His original fan base is aging accordingly. The older guy sitting next to me was actually SLEEPING during the concert despite the sound decibles. His wife saw the Beatles live at Candlestick in 1966.

What was also funny were the aging hippies. There were some from the hippie generation I thought looked fantastic despite the fact that they were drugged out of their minds during most of the 1960's.

What also struck me as funny was the smell of pot wafting through the stadium. Maybe that's why the older guy sitting next to me was sleeping;)

Even Paul commented on the pot smell wafting through the stadium. I was waiting for somebody to jump up on stage to offer Paul a toke of a big, fat joint. Hey, we can always claim "medical necessity" right?????

No comments: