Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I have been without my laptop for a couple of weeks now. I feel like I've been amputated. I have to fight for computer time with the rest of the family. Anyway, I'll rant about Staples and their suckie "extended warranty" that they won't honor tomorrow. Believe it or not, I'm in rather a jolly mood and I don't want to fly into a rage where I end up killing somebody on Christmas -- even if they deserve it.

Our house is ground zero on Christmas morning. Before we are even dressed and have our presents opened, relatives start arriving by the bus loads knowing that a grand breakfast will be served. This morning I had so many people here I could not walk through my own house. They were mostly relatives, but there were some stragglers this year as well.

Between the people, presents, and food my house looks like a bomb went off. At the moment I don't care as consuming large quantities of red wine has a tendency of eliminating the urge to kill kids who always manage to smear maple syrup and butter on my living room carpeting. Oh, and I have not even mentioned the sticky spills of orange juice.

These same brats got Rock Band 2 from Santa and set it up in our front room. We adults listened to them strum, drum, and sing for a couple of hours. The kids were actually getting pretty good. Rock Bank is a Wii game that the kids are into and they compete online with each other and all of that crap. I had 6 teenagers in my front room who were actually HAPPY and not moping about in their black, ghoulish, goth-like apparel. They did not complain that they were bored and wanted to go home and slash their wrists or some dramatic, emo crap like that.

After a few rounds of gin fizzes, us adults kicked the kids off Rock Band and set up our own band. Despite that I have always wanted to be a drummer, I got stuck with singing lead vocals. We scored very well, so WATCH OUT! We will be on world-wide tour;) My 15 year-old nephew says that he goes to school with the number one rated Rock Band guitar player. Well.......he better watch out as he's got competition now. OLD FARTS RULE!!!!!

1 comment:

CG said...

Happy Christmas! We were all set to call but it was at 1.30 your time; we thought you might be eating!!