Friday, November 7, 2008

Toxic Relationship: The Ex-Boyfriend

Ever have one of those relationships you've just regretted? Come on..... sure you have. One of my most regretted, failed relationships was with my high school "sweetheart" but there was nothing sweet about him. He was a manipulative, self-centered, psycho asshole. He sure knew how to turn the charm on and off to get what he wanted.

When I look back in my diaries filled with angst filled entries in describing the psychological warfare he used on me which are now viewed with a removed, objective perspective all I can say is, "Wow... was I ever stupid."

What a waste of time and energy. I can't believe I put up with that crap. What a waste of my youth -- especially when there were other guys I could have dated that would not have treated me like complete shit. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

My best friend ran into my "ex" not too long ago at a bar (surprise). Did he every marry? Hell no. Nobody was dumb enough to do so. What does that tell you?

2 comments:

CG said...

Why are we so stupid? I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

Dianne said...

not stupid, just young

and look at all the data he gave you for what you DON'T want