Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Wow.... what an exciting day. We may actually get a president who can speak and think at the same time AND be something other than a national embarrassment! Glorious DAY! We may get a president who can actually think! But hey.... I guess I'm not a "real" American just because I don't shoot wolves from helicopters like my too-close-to-Canada-Minnesota-accent-gal-pal Sarah Palin.... just because we both say our "Oh's" differently and understand the hockey mom mentality does NOT put us in the same political camp. I'll gladly shoot HER from a helicopter. Betch.

No, I'm not of the "Geezer" and "Dingbat" ticket.

On the lighter side, my baby brother is running for mayor of a small town in west-central Minnesota. It's so rural, that I'm tracking the results here from California because of their crappy internet connection and texting my brother the updated results as they come in. I jokingly told him, "How long does it take to count 16 votes, anyway?"

Dead silence followed by four-letter explatives that only siblings can share.

My brother told me that I was not invited to his lavish election party held at the local chicken hatchery complete with kareoke and a beer keg. But hey, my brother offered me $20 worth of pull-tabs for my efforts in helping with his election. What is family for?

Do you all know what "pull tabs" are? If you know what pull tabs and hotdish are, you can officially apply for Minnesota citizenship -- not that you would really want to.

2 comments:

CG said...

I know what hotdish is so does that make me half Minnesotan? :)

just win baby said...

If you R from Minnesota and get married in Minnesota, Chances R your related!!!!!!!!!!