Monday, January 29, 2024

Tortoise and the Hare

 One of Aesop's fables is the Tortoise and the Hare.  The tortoise is slow and methodical - dare we say BORING.  The hare is arrogant, brash, and overconfident in his ability to beat the tortoise in a race.  A tortoise beating a hare to the finish line?  Really?  In WHAT world? 

In my world.

That's exactly what I do.  

Sure.  Hares can jump up and down.  They can run fast.  A tortoise is so slow and boring in comparison.

I know lots of hares.  They may jump up and down and run fast, but they burn out just as quickly leaving a trail of destruction behind them.  If they don't burn out they get divorced, have money problems, get addictions, get health problems, get mental problems, or all of the above.  

Right now I'm on my fifth hare who is trying to beat me to the finish line.  Here is what is so amusing.  The hares are running a relay race where they keep passing the baton to the next hare via elections.  Each hare thinks he has the ALL answers to ALL of our industry problems and is worthy of dismissing my existance.  

Me?  I'm the lowly tortoise.   I'm just plodding along slowly and prudently without pomp and circumstance.  

I'm still around.  All these hares think they have all the answers.  They don't.  They just reshuffle the deck hoping you will forget what their last hand was.  They don't solve a problem without creating three new ones.  Maybe it should be the tortoise and the hydra. 

Next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: