Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Babysitting

 No, I'm not a grandmother yet.  Wait.  I do have a grand-dog.  Does that count as babysitting?  Here's a little something I'm going to share, but yet I feel shameful about it.  

One of my dear friends from Minnesota came out for a visit.  MRH has been struggling with:  cancer, depression, anxiety, divorce, ADD, bipolar, alcoholism and other addictive issues i.e., hoarding/shopoholic, joblessness, and....she is estranged from her children.  

Hence, that was the purpose of her visit.  Her daughter was getting married this past weekend and she was not invited to the wedding.  She needed a distraction, so she invited herself out here to stay with me for four days.

It was the longest four days of my life.  

For starters, she missed her flight on the way out here.  She needed to re-book.  Her original flight information she sent to me had her arriving at SFO at 7:00 PM.  I planned my day accordingly.  I was sitting in my office at 3:45 PM when she texted me that her flight was now getting into SFO at 5:30 PM.  What?  That's totally different than what she told me originally.  If her flight was now at 5:30, that meant I had to wrap up my work day and get myself down to SFO to pick her up.  

It's not so easy to stop my work day unexpectedly on a dime to accommodate her sudden change in her flight schedule. 

I then texted her to confirm that she now had an EARLIER arrival time than what the original plan was.  I knew she had a layover in Denver, so I asked what her flight number was so I could track her flight.  If it was running late, there was no need for me to dash from my office to SFO.  

Well, her flight was LEAVING Denver at 5:30, not arriving at SFO at 5:30.  Adding to that, her flight had a stopover in Colorado Springs and  Phoenix before arriving in SFO at 11:00 PM.  She had no clue she was on the Southwest Airlines milk run that had so many stops before getting to SFO.  

If I did not check online for her flight status, I would have arrived at SFO at 5:30 PM looking for her not knowing that was the time she was leaving Denver for the other flights before arriving here.  

That was just the start of the visit.  

It went downhill from there.  She left yesterday - not without chaos and drama - and I'm exhausted. 

Yes, she is a wounded person.  Yes, she has many, MANY issues.  However, she is reluctant to take action to improve her situation.  I'm not sure if she's taking too many medications or if it's her mental illness taking over or what. 

A few years ago when all of my Minnesota Coven were at TYD's cabin in northern Minnesota I had brought my tarot cards.  I remember reading MRH's cards at her request.  I did not like what I saw.  I sugarcoated it because what if I turned out to be wrong?  I would not want somebody upset and end their life based on a tarot card reading from a novice.  I'm not about to say to somebody who may not be ready (nor want) to hear, "Gee,  looks like your life is going to suck going forward and I see a dark ending."  

But...that's what I saw in the cards.

 





No comments: