Thursday, October 6, 2022

Yosemite

 I've been in California for 37 years and never been to Yosemite.  My husband was born and raised in California and has never been to Yosemite, either.  My husband was born at a San Francisco hospital and has never walked across the Golden Gate Bridge (that's something tourists do).  I don't know who is more pathetic.  

I had a work meeting at the Rush Creek Lodge.  Finally.  We get to check out Yosemite.  It did not disappoint.  I only wish I had the entire week to spend there.  Next time.

Here's what I sensed on the drive into the Yosemite area, and you will think I'm crazy (shocker).  I could hear the trees crying for lack of water.  Yes.  I will repeat that.  I could hear the trees crying for lack of water.  

Bridal Vail Falls was nothing but a sad trickle that dissipated into the air.  It reminded me of the construction guys peeing off the top of the Golden Gate Bridge.  Sure, things start off in a promising little gush; however, at that altitude it dries up before it hits the tourists down below.  Sigh.

I know you're sick of the cliche that pictures do not do Yosemite (or other natural environments) justice, but it's true.  Here's a pic off my iPhone.  The only ones who could possibly bring nature to life through their photography are my English friends JM and PM.  Sorry, I can't hold a candle to their photography skills.  





No comments: