Thursday, September 22, 2022

Autumn Equinox

 It's official.  After today the nights will be longer than the days.  I celebrate the passing of the seasons with my coven.  We are a bunch of non-conformists who embrace Pagan ways.  However, we also embrace Christianity.  Yes, we are weird.  We may be weird, but we are harmless.  

I realized I have not been blogging much these days.  Somehow, I don't think that anybody cares.  Hey, I'm real about my non-importance.  If I died tomorrow my kids may or may not find my blog.  If they did and read it, they would say, "Wow.  Mom.  What a f***** b****."

What have I been doing lately?  Honestly, I've been busy canning onions, carrots, and tomatoes.  In between canning sessions I have been secretly saving the world.  LOL.  Seriously, my husband is an avid gardener and this time of year is harvest.  If I don't do something with the abundance of vegetables, they will rot and that would make me sad.  It would be a crime to let the organically grown vegetables go to waste.  Besides, canned organic tomatoes and canned onions make great Christmas gifts.  It's something that comes from the heart and home.  It's so much fun to see the face of the recipient as home-grown, canned tomato sauce fetches a pretty penny these days at the grocery store.  It's like we are giving them gold.  

Now that I'm all caught up on canning, this weekend we are taking a trek to San Jose to see my son and his husband as they invited us down for a BBQ.  We are staying at a hotel in downtown San Jose and on Sunday we are all going to see Cats (Broadway comes to San Jose). 

No, I'm not tipping any excitement scales.  However, I'm blessed with my kids and family.  Is being content a crime? 





No comments: