Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Birthday Spankings

 Do you all remember birthday spankings?  I have this flashback to my dad, siblings, mom, cornering whichever family member who had the birthday and all of us jokingly booty-smacking them the number of their years......PLUS...... a pinch to grow an inch. 

Birthday spankings are unheard of these days.

Was it right?  Was it wrong?  I don't know.  All I remember was after dinner on any given birthday would be the plot to corner the birthday sibling to give said birthday year numbers of gentle slap-pats on the birthday kid's back, feet, head, hands, where ever.  The magic after the age/year count was in the "pinch to grow an inch" which meant that the family had expectations of you - don't you dare stay stagnant and fail to  grow your mind/soul.  

Where did birthday spankings originate from? IDK.  I'm sure if you google it there will be several twisted origins.  All I know was that it was an anticipated joke and ritual in my childhood household with no ill intent......at least in my case.  

Here's to make you laugh.....it's my grand-dog.  Today is his birthday.  


 



  




 



No comments: