Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Trip

 My father is terminally ill.  I'm scheduled to go back to Minnesota on June 23.  Who knows....it may be sooner.  My sister, God bless her, has been at the helm of taking care of my parents.  She sold her large home with property last year as she is a widow and it was too much for her to take care of.  She moved one door down from my childhood home, where my parents still live,  to the Lundgren House in NE Minneapolis so she could be near my parents.  

She knew.

My father is such a TOUGH guy.  He is proud.  His mind is as sharp as a tack, but his body is failing him. My dad has the ego of a peacock and it's killing him - literally.   I'm going to go to the CBD store tomorrow and get him some gummies and send them back to him hoping it can ease his pain as it's not quite yet legal in Minnesota.

I may need you all to bail me out of jail for trying to ease my dad's pain with stuff that's legal in some states, but not others.  If that's the worst thing I'm accused of, bring it on.  I'll gladly serve time in jail for making my 81 year old father feel more comfortable.  

OK... now I'm going to go all Pagan on you.  I have a friend who does rune stone readings.  I had her do a reading for me a few months ago.  From all the stones, I selected 'winter' (look it up for a picture).  So far it's been right on.  My cat, my dad, my dog, my mother, and my sister-in-law's failing health.  Yup.  I'm the middle of the winter season.

PLUS....mercury is retrograde...and it's a FAT retrograde.  

It's going to be a cruel summer, and I don't need the horrible BananaRama song to remind me.


 




No comments: