Sunday, June 20, 2021

Summer Solstice - Fathers' Day

 I don't even know how to explain today.  Today is the apex of light and life as it's summer solstice.  I wish I could be at Stonehenge basking in the pre-Christianity knowledge of the universe.  Better yet, I wish I could be in the Lake District in England with our beloved friends J and P.  Instead, I'm in Sonoma County, California sitting under a grove of redwoods celebrating the longest day of the year.  

Such a magical night.   




 It's Fathers' Day.  Please reach out to your dad and talk to him.  I don't care if he was an a**h*** or whatever.  You only get one father.  You should be so lucky that your dad is still alive to talk to - no matter what wrongs he has done in your life.  Let's face it.  We are all in therapy because of our dad. 

One of my best friends was molested by her dad.  She found it in her heart to forgive him and move on.  It was not easy for her.  It was not a pretty journey, and it's not completely over yet.  

You will NEVER regret reaching out to your dad - no matter how much he has p***** you off. 

 



No comments: