Thursday, May 20, 2021

Michael Jackson: Beat It

 There are so many reasons I love this song.  For starters, it takes me back to my high school years.  I had a crush on a guy named Byron (who was dating a friend of mine) and he liked this song as well.  I never did anything to cross the line with Byron and my friend, so my little secret crush remained that - just a secret little crush that did not go anywhere.  

Innocent.

Then there is the choreography in this video.  I LOVE IT.  It's so classic Michael.  

Then there is the larger social message to kids out there.  Don't get involved with gangs.  

Then there is Michael Jackson in his prime along with his signature dance moves.  

Then there is the guitar solo featuring Eddie Van Halen.

Then there is me at dance class still dancing to this song with all the signature choreography.  LOL



No comments: