Saturday, November 7, 2020

It's Official: The Holiday Season

 As much as 2020 has brought us challenges, it's about over.  We are living in a brave, new world.  Things are not going to get any easier, my friends.  Life is and always has been difficult.  There is no such thing as an 'easy' life.

Off that subject as there is good happening even if you need to search for it. 

Are you already tired of Christmas commercials the day after Halloween?  There's a bright spot.  Nobody is obligated to host ungrateful family this year.  WHOPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! Nobody is obligated to host anything :)   I GET A YEAR OFF :)     I can just have me immediate family here without any residual guilt from extended family members wondering why I won't include their snotty, entitled, ungrateful, brat offspring for holiday gatherings.  Just to be clear, these are adults who should have learned basic manners by now (reflection of parenting that coddles them and makes excuses for them). 

This is a dream come true for me.  I'm already envisioning my perfectly roasted turkey with all the trimmings with those I truly love around the table.  After we eat we will put on our comfy clothes and play games, watch a movie, or fall asleep on the couch - maybe all the above.  We can take off and go for a beach walk or hike at a local park as well if we feel like it.  Bottom line is that we have options and can do things on the fly with our much smaller numbers.  It will be the same for Christmas - small numbers means more quality time with my kids without their snotty cousins being around brooding on the couch and sneering at everybody.  

Added bonus this year:   NO COMPANY CHRISTMAS PARTIES :)   I don't understand why employers think that giving up our sacred free time to be with people we are are forced to interact with all week long is supposed to be joyful.   NOT.  There's not enough alcohol in the world to make company parties tolerable.  Speaking of which, here comes Fred from accounting.  He's making a bee-line for you to corner you to talk for hours about creating an ESOP.  RUN!!!!!!!!!


No comments: