Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Freezing the Warts Off

I can hear your collective exhales of relief that Christmas is over for another year.  Quiet Rage is giving a large exhale of relief as well.

I finally did it.

I froze off some warts that had been causing discomfort and were quite unsightly.  No, I'm not talking about actual warts, I'm referring to people who were an unsightly parasitic viral infection.  Oh, I guess that's the definition of a wart.

There are certain individuals in "the family" who like to stir it up and cause drama.  The short version of this very long story is that one of them was on the verge of starting something with another family member on Christmas morning.  Drama.  My house.  Christmas morning.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.

Nobody thought I would have the guts to go straight to the source of the Drama Maker and lay it out there.  I did.  I made it perfectly clear that I was not going to tolerate any drama in my home on Christmas morning.  I had heard that stirring the pot was in the works and wanted to address it to nip it in the bud.  If Drama Maker could not guarantee impeccable behavior Christmas morning, stay home.

You would have thought I was asking for something terrible.

Drama Maker responded with something exceedingly uncalled for and vile.  I'm glad.  She displayed her true colors.  Her only intention of coming here Christmas morning (the biggest stage and audience of the year, mind you) to stir the stink pot.  Drama Maker could not promise me that she would behave, so sorry, she was not welcome.  Period.

The rest of the family is gasping in disbelief because nobody has ever had the guts to stand up to Drama Maker and call her on her crap.  Calling people on their crap is my life purpose.  I am truth to bullshit.

It was the best Christmas in a long, long time.  See, Drama Maker is a member of House Ingrate.  The members of House Ingrate show up at my home, ignore me, scoff at me, eat my food, make a mess with their dishes, and leave without saying good bye nor thank you.

I was completely free of anybody from House Ingrate this year.  It was great.  All of House Ingrate had to fend for themselves for Christmas morning breakfast and then Christmas dinner.  I guess I'm still in quasi-shock myself that I refused to host Thanksgiving Dinner (we were just out of state for that) and then literally divorced myself from House Ingrate dodging Christmas.

I think of it as like getting a divorce or freezing a wart off.  It's painful and ugly, but needed to be done for long-term health.  I froze off a few warts this year.  No, I did not make any "friends" in the process, but I don't care.  I'm tired of being taken for granted. 




No comments: