Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Operating Systems and Platforms

iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac, desktops, tablets, laptops, etc.  Samsung, Apple, At&T, etc.  We have all dealt with various techni-gadgets and their operating systems and software.

Some gadgets play well with other gadgets and their software and others do not.  We all have our favorite gadgets.  I've tried various gadgets over the years and I compare them to one another.  It's hard to say I have an absolute favorite as I liken my techni-gadgets to a tool box.  My favorite will depend on the job I have to do.  You can't use a screwdriver when you need a hammer.  Same with my gadgets.  Some gadgets are better for performing certain tasks than others.

Still, I have dealt with some issued gadgets that I loathe.  I have spent hours on a gadget that I didn't even really want trying to make it useful.  All I get are error codes and crashes no matter what I do.  The more I tried, the worse it got.  It's not compatible with anything.  It's frustrating.

I came to the conclusion that gadgets are like people.  Gadgets, like people, are all wired differently.  Literally.  What works for one gadget won't work for another.  Some gadgets require constant attention and maintenance.  Some gadgets are not dependable and will crash when you need them the most.  Other gadgets you can program, program and reprogram and you will still get error messages.  The more energy you put into it the more frustrated you will get, and the outcome will never change as it's just not wired quite right - like people.  You can spend enormous amounts of energy on somebody but their core wiring isn't right and the outcome disiappointing.

Moral of the story:  Some people have faulty operating systems and no amount of programming will change them.  Save your energy and frustration.


No comments: