Friday, August 13, 2010

Avatar


Ok.... so I'm the LAST person on earth to see Avatar. I finally got around to watching it tonight. Here's my two-bit review of the movie.... Sorry, I don't have an over-rated formal movie critic gig like the fat bitch with the hats or two thumbs up my ass like that Siskel/Ebert dude (one of them is dead -- hard to say which one). Anyway, here goes......

Dances With Wolves meets Star Wars.

Yup, that's it. The visual effects were stunning -- I will give the movie that much. The acting was shit, the story line recycled, and the multiple references to "all is one with the great spirit" cheesy at best. I felt it was the "spiritual" Jimmy Swaggert of film. Some of us are capable of "getting the deeper meaning" more so than others. The director made extra effort to leave nobody out.

Bottom Line: Even superficial, materialistic dumb shits should get the message of lustful waste and power in our ego-centric culture (sadly, that still leaves out many people). Those who have more than three functioning brain cells just sit back and enjoy the special effects.

No comments: