Saturday, July 24, 2021

Mortimer the Ghost

 My office is in a very old, historical building.  It has a reputation for being haunted and I agree.  However, I don't feel that the spirits in the building are malevolent.  If anything, I think they have been protective of me over the past 30+ years I've had my office there.

My daughter now works with me in the office as my assistant decided to run off with her English boyfriend to Mexico.  We were in the office yesterday afternoon when the door pulled itself shut with nobody there.  No, it was not a draft.  The door PULLED itself completely shut.  It takes a little bit of force for the door to shut itself completely.  My daughter was startled, but I'm kind of used to strange things happening.  

We went into the hall as my daughter was looking for anything that could explain what just happened (delivery person, etc.).  The lady with the office down the hall happened to be arriving and was wondering what we were looking at.  When my daughter told her our door just pulled itself shut, she  had a nonplussed look on her face as she has also experienced things like that.  Everybody knows this building is haunted, right?

Now......onto something completely unrelated.

While visiting my family in Minnesota my younger brother asked me if I have ever watched the movie Joe Dirt.  Nope.  Although the movie came out in 2001 it was during a period in my life where I was too busy with kids, job, pets, etc., to even think about taking the time to sit and watch a movie.

My brother knew we had a long road trip yet ahead of us before we got back home to California.  He told me, "When you get home, I want you to think of me as you appreciate just being in your own bed after a long road trip while watching Joe Dirt."

Joe Dirt.  A movie that is so bad it's good.  It's just what I needed on a Friday night after a very long work week.  Here's a clip of the fireworks scene.  





No comments: