Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgivng Day Parade

As I was prepping food earlier today I caught glimpses on TV of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  It looked like every state in the union had a float this year.  I admit I got a little teary eyed when I saw Hawaii.  It's the first year EVER my cling peach of a kid is not home as she is away at school in Hawaii.  She has been glued to my side for the last two decades.  Now she's not glued to my side.  The separation needed to happen, but I do miss her.  At this very moment she's on the beach in Waikiki with her boyfriend.  Poor baby.  Me?  I'm cooking for about 20 people.  I have to do something to keep myself busy...otherwise I would spend all my time bitching on this stupid blog. 

Which gets me back to the Macy's parade.  I was catching glimpses of all the states being represented at the parade while prepping food.  I cried when I saw Hawaii with the dancers in their grass skirts.  Texas's float had a great big wall on one side, and North Dakota's float represented police fire hosing protesters at Standing Rock. 

Just kidding.  It would have been in incredibly poor taste, but extremely funny.  I know, I know... I have a sick sense of humor.  The only true part was crying when I saw Hawaii. 


No comments: