Wednesday, May 15, 2024

AI - I Saw It Coming

 Back in August of 2013 I blogged about artificial intelligence.  I saw it coming.  I don't see everything coming, but I saw *that* coming.  People have told me I should make a career out of being a short-term futurist.  Here's the problem with that.  Nobody would believe me.  I don't use charts, statistics, and graphs.  It's 100% intuition.  I can't point to anything concrete to prove my credibility on this plane of existence that the limited five human senses can process.  

Enough of that.

Here's my thought of AI.  Let's look at its definition.  Artificial intelligence.  Key word = artificial.  It makes me wonder where the *real* intelligence is at?  Are we going to operate on AI and give the keys to our critical thinking to something artificial?  

Intellectual laziness and spoon fed information from a screen, in which the words and images on the screen may or may not be the truth, will test humanity in the coming years.  Oh, and ADD will impact everybody with our constant beeping, chiming, glitter bombing, and sensationalizing of everything makes us numb.

Check back in with me in 10 years.  You are free to say that I am full of bee-ess if I'm wrong. 



No comments: